Below is the Martial Arts Warning, Liability & Release and image release form each person is required to lawfully enter our building with the purpose of training or participating. This liability only must be filled out once, or again if your personal information or health status has changed. Parents and guardians are legally signing this agreement also for their children.
- Recognize and understand that martial arts training is an activity that involves physical contact and that my participation might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or even death, and severe social and economic loss.
- Recognize and understand that such risk may be due to not only my own actions, but also the action, inaction or negligence of others, the regulations of participation, or the conditions of the premises, or of any of the equipment used.
- Recognize that there may be other risks that are not known to me or to others or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- Agree to inspect the facilities, equipment, and pairings prior to participation. I will immediately inform an instructor if I believe that anything is unsafe or beyond my capability and refuse to participate.
- Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any damages that may result from injury, permanent disability, or death.
- Enter martial arts training and/or competition entirely of my own free will and understand the importance of following the rules of training and competition.
- I certify that I am in good physical condition, and have no disease, injury or other condition that would impair my performance or physical and mental well-being during intense training practice and/or competition.
- Grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, athletic training, or other emergency medical personnel provide me with medical assistance or treatment for such injury.
- Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, Greensboro Martial Arts Academy, LLC/Cloud Forest Chin Woo College of Martial Sciences, Inc., its affiliated organizations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors and personnel, other members of the organizations, participants, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organizations or their agents, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses and damages which may be sustained and suffered on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
- I grant permission to Greensboro Martial Arts Academy, LLC/Cloud Forest Chin Woo College of Martial Sciences Inc. and its agents or employees, to use photographs taken of me or my minor child/children in classes or events of Greensboro Martial Arts Academy, LLC/Cloud Forest Chin Woo College of Martial Sciences Inc. for use in publications such as brochures, newsletters, and magazines, and to use the photographs on display boards, and to use such photographs in electronic versions of the same publications or on Greensboro Martial Arts Academy, LLC/Cloud Forest Chin Woo College of Martial Sciences Inc. web sites or other electronic form or media, and to offer them for use or distribution in other non-company publications, electronic or otherwise, without notifying me.
- I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph.
- I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless Greensboro Martial Arts Academy, LLC/Cloud Forest Chin Woo College of Martial Sciences Inc. and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution
COVID RELEASE STATEMENT:
While there is a risk of an airborne virus, we must all participate in keeping each other safe. CDC recommends that we all wear masks if everyone in a group is not vaccinated. We do our best to assure that we are all kept safe, so please wear your masks when you are in a larger group and have not all agreed that you are vaccinated individuals. You do not have to be vaccinated to attend classes, as we believe in free choice when it comes to those decisions. But we must respect all individuals and keep in mind that there is a lot of fear concerning covid. You are welcome to approach any teacher if you feel unsafe, and we will help assure everyone's safety by adhering to the CDC guidelines, but you must enter and train at your own discretion, as we will not be held liable for anyone who is exposed to covid while on our premises. This is a team effort, not just from our staff, but from everyone who enters our building. Do not attend or enter our building if you feel you are at risk of having covid or fear being exposed to it.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, AND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I HEARBY SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY.